Being engaged in the process of critical thinking demands you to not only collect reliable sources but consider them attentively and put into question its credibility and reliability.
You are not sure what critical thinking is? More often than not, the majority of people make a common mistake of being confused regarding the notions ‘critical’ and ‘negative’. No person is able to accept a negative position to any opinion by stating “no” but it is not considered as being critical, in the majority of cases it is just simply awkward.
The process of academic critical thinking includes exceeding the scope of obvious surface matters, not omitting questions regarding goal and motivation. Being critical demands you to not only being engaged in collecting reliable data but also in its careful examination.
Action Sequence Guide
In order to earn how to center on critical thinking abilities, it is necessary to consider six W’s step by step:
- Who by? Who did offer a piece of this or that information is an issue of day. Every person possesses an opinion and perspective that cannot be gotten rid of. Knowing an opinion of a separate person and some background knowledge assists us in interpreting in their work process and understanding better why they say what they say.
- Why? Exactly why something was produced or told is considered as a very significant critical matter. These days, all of us are surrounded by informational sources and each piece is introduced to be targeted at serving a specific goal. If you know the reason of the appearance of something, it will help you to identify the writer’s underlying motivation and accept a decision whether the information is essential or not. In this way, you are not only able to define the essence of information but also to choose a good topic among the variety of critical thinking topics for your paper.
- What? Just what facts are the information based on? When you read a book or view the TV show, or listen to your instructors, it is very essential to ask a lot of questions about the basis for everything said or told. It is necessary to accept only reliable information, we have to be aware of why they say what they say; if this were not the case, it is just gossips.
- When? The time scale in history during which a piece of this or that information was introduced plays a great importance, especially in the spheres where there is present a quick development like the sphere of IT. There is no use to compose a paper about a current condition of cell phone technology based on an article written in the 1990’s. So, if you do not have an answer for the question “What is critical thinking essay?” then it is better to be aware of this issue.
- Where? One more significant critical factor is a geographical location. The place something was made will often bring difference to the kind of information being introduced and the method it is introduced.
- Who for? Readers for the introduction of information will turn out to be an important aspect when estimating its importance in a critical way. Authors have the right to dedicate their works to various age groups, social groups, political groups, etc. Some info is targeted at easy consumption by those people who have a limited level of education, and some other information is intended for experts, professionals, students, professors, and so on. It is significant when learning to ask whether the information from a source material is set at the proper level.
Taking in mind all of the aforesaid, we can see that it is not so easy to write a critical thinking essay. Nevertheless, remember that it is always possible to buy critical thinking paper online.